VACATION BLOG BY THE VRC
||read 47019 times
It's July And It's Hot... Here's How To Cool Off This Summer
|Friday, July 6, 2012|
|The 4th of July has come and gone and you still haven't gone anywhere this summer? Or maybe you did go on a trip, but you are ready for round two or even round three. We have some ideas for you!!! It's July and it's hot. Like really hot, so I am just going to say it. Don't go to a theme park with little kids or elderly family members in July or August. The asphalt at theme parks gets so hot it will make you feel like you are melting into it. Go to the mountains and cool off preferably in an area with a lake or river nearby. Or, go with the summer standby and go to the beach, but switch it up this time and discover a new beach you've never gone to before. |
Here are some fantastic destinations off the beaten path and perfect for a trip this July or August.
1. Lake Lure, NC – Beautiful lake for boating and fishing fun with mountain views to boot. Cold enough not to have gators, but not too cold for a great swim
2. Lake Winnipesaukee, NH – Another choice with an amazing lake and mountain views. Worth the trip to hear the accents of locals alone.
3. Northern Georgia - Mountains, rivers, streams, and lakes abound in the beautiful areas in Northern Georgia.
4. Big Bear, CA – Lakes, mountains, in kicked back yet civilized Cali - you can't go wrong.
5. Carolina Beach, NC – beach community off the coast of Wilmington, NC tucked in between two coastal reserves. Easy to access but not a huge tourist spot like its neighbor an hour south, Myrtle Beach .
6. Venice, FL – A big spot for snowbirds meaning the summer rates are great. Discover smaller gulf coast communities of FL and their charm.
posted by jill at 4:57 PM